Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sinus Surgery.....UGH!

Surgery went well from my two surgeon's points of views.  The first one said that my sinus passages were extremely constricted and I should notice a huge difference in how I feel once I'm healed. The second surgeon fixed the hole in my septum with a piece of skin from behind my ear. I was told by 3 different people how slow he works because of his perfectionism. One said he is OCD about his work. I told her I like OCD in my surgeons so long as it pertains to their work on me. Anyway, that surgeon said it was quite a large hole. Septal hole repairs are not always successful, but his career success rate is 100% so I expect mine to be successful as well. I have internal splints inside my nose for the next 2 to 4 weeks and an external splint until I see him next Wednesday. The pain this go round has been quite a bit more intense and I will be glad when it finally lets up. Even doubling up on my pain meds hasn't taken it all away.  On another note, I really tested my sleeve yesterday. I ate the night prior to my surgery (Tuesday) for the final time around 10:00 pm and didn't eat again until about 7:00 pm last night, the evening following my 7:30 am surgery.  I had zero feelings of hunger in my tummy. The Ghrelin is still gone! Prior to surgery, I would have been starving. Yesterday, I was just weak and thought it was surgery related. However, after eating I felt so much better that I knew it was mostly due to lack of food. I'm glad to know just how well my sleeve is working for me. Now, if I can just get the pain in my nose and face under control, I'll be doing much better!

~Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment